How to find us:
Calle Abdón Calderón 510
(Corner Simón Bolívar)
00593 6 292 8122
00593 984 204 690
From Colombia (170km):
- Cross the border coming from Ipiales (Colombia) and take a Taxi (3.50$) to the Tulcan Busterminal (Ecuador).
- Ask for a bus to Otavalo (usually those going to Quito stop in Otavalo). It should cost about 3.75$ and takes about 3:30hrs.
- Tell the busdriver to let you of near the center of Otavalo, they will drop you off on the highway, from which you can either walk straight down the road to our hostel or take a taxi for 1$.
From Quito (90km):
- Go to the North Terminal and just ask for a bus going to Otavalo. It should cost about 2$ and takes about 2hrs.
- Once in Otavalo you can either walk straight to our hostel or get a taxi for 1$.
- Also you have the option of taking a taxi from Quito to Otavalo, which will take the route Pifo-Quinche-Cayambe-Otavalo, lasts about 1:30hrs and costs about 55$.
From Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito (90km):
- As you cannot really rely on a public transport going directly from the airport to Otavalo, you should either take a taxi, which will take the route Pifo-Quinche-Cayambe-Otavalo, lasts about 1:30hrs and costs about 55$.
- Or you make your way into the city of Quito, to the North Terminal and follow the steps as described “From Quito” above.
- Also we would be happy to organize a shuttle for you, just send us a message and we will give you further details.
Once in Otavalo:
- We are located in the center of town, two blocks from the “Parque del Bolívar” and four blocks from the “Plaza de los Ponchos”. You can walk to our hostel from wherever you are in no more than 15 minutes, or take a taxi for 1$.